Saturday, January 13, 2007

Webb For President

Watching Sen Jim Webb on Meet the Press after the election, I wanted to see this.

Which makes this interchange even sweeter
Sen. Webb: And this is a question that can be answered either very briefly or through written testimony, but my question is: Is it the position of this administration that it possesses the authority to take unilateral action against Iran in the absence of a direct threat without congressional approval?

Secy. Rice: Senator, I'm really loathe to get into questions of the president's authorities without a rather more clear understanding of what we are actually talking about. So let me answer you, in fact, in writing. I think that would be the best thing to do.

Sen. Webb: I would appreciate that.
(rubs hands together)I can't wait!

No comments: