Monday, September 18, 2006

"Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport"

Ron Donald was spot-on when he said this. Sometimes it needs a kickoff to get things really moving.



Daily Kos' Markos Molitsas made a good point when he said, "If preaching to the choir is a bad thing, why do you even have churches?" The choir members interact with others in their communities, and that is where the message spreads.

To use a religious metaphor, being a Catholic does not just entail the attendance at Mass--you must live your faith. You have to walk the walk.

I am not afraid to live my politics. My faith and my politics inform my actions and spreads my beliefs out into the universe. What the universe does with them is not in my power, but I like to think that my little acts, done with great love (as the Blessed Mother Teresa taught) have echos, ripples that amplify and reach far beyond my little circle of influence.

No comments: