Monday, September 25, 2006

Where's The Little Girls When You Need Them?

When I was a little girl, my mother drove me nuts, trying to teach me to keep my voice low. As you can imagine, I drove her nuts with my shrill, little girl voice. Well, I may be all grown up now, but I still remember how to be shrill, and I don't need any practice at it. I can pick it up on a moment's notice.

The Poor Man has it right:
These folks are very, very bad people, and they are, in the deepest sense, unAmerican. Halfway between them and what sane people recognize as “common decency” is a very, very long way away from decent. They have deceived a great many Americans over the years, and so, by gaining control of the machinery of the State, made every one of us complicit in this evil, unAmerican bullshit. We pay for the torture, we pay for the pointless, unwinnable wars (although we don’t pay for the body armor - can’t make an omlette without breaking some eggs!), we pay to lose the rights generations of our ancestors (either actual or spiritual - there’s no difference) fought and died to enshrine and preserve - and we even pay them a fine little salary for the priviledge. What they have done cannot easily be undone, and they will never, ever get more than a tiny fraction of justice for it. Fuck them. Fuck them whether they are Democrats or Republicans, and fuck the liars and sycophants and cowardly pussies who insulate them from getting even a tiny taste of their just deserts. It’s awful, it’s unspeakably awful, and, actively or passively, we all participate.

Only shrillness can save America now.
I'm ready for it. Anyone else?

No comments: